Reliance’s e-commerce platform JioMart has started taking the order through Facebook-owned WhatsApp. The development comes a few days after Facebook brought a 9.9 percent stake in Reliance Jio. The service is now available main three areas of Mumbai including Thane, Navi Mumbai, and Kalyan. It is expected to roll out in other cities pretty soon.
Reliance will allow the customer to order from lakhs of small scale businesses and Kirana stores throughout the country. In this business model, the customer will be able to order online but they have to take the order directly from the store. This way lakhs of offline shops will be able to take advantage of online business without the hassle of online payment and shipping.
Here’s how to order on JioMart through WhatsApp
- In order to place an order customer first need to save JioMart’s WhatsApp number +91 88500 08000 to their contacts.
- After saving the number go ahead and send ‘Hi’ to JioMart’s WhatsApp number.
- Then JioMart will replay with a unique link that will remain active for the next 30 mins.
- Once you open the link in your browser you will be redirected to JioMart’s page where you will be asked your basic information like address and phone number.
- After fill in all the details, you need to click on Proceed.
- After this, a new page will open up with a list of groceries item available in your area.
- After you add your items to the cart and place an order, JioMart shows you the total amount payable and sends you another WhatsApp text immediately.
- The text message includes the nearby Kirana store name and address from where you will be picking up the order. Once an order is ready JioMart will inform you to collect the delivery from the shop. JioMart also sends a Google Maps link to locate the Kirana store properly. You need to pay the bill at the time of collecting the order from the shop.
You need to place an order before 7 PM to collect the order in the next two days. If you need to order again then simply send ‘Hi’ to the JioMarts number again and JioMart will send you a unique link and then follow the above process.
Reliance is expected to launch the service in the other city pretty soon. Meanwhile, you can pre-register on the website to take the benefit of Rs. 3000 when it will launch in your area.